Louis Berger ongoing recruitment for suitable and qualified applicants to fill the position of Port Engineer (M/F) .
The Position is based in Nigeria.
In the frame of the Likki Port Project, we are seeking a Port EngineerBased on Louis Berger’s long history of working in Nigeria and as a ports planning and development specialist, the company was retained as the project management consultant for the planning, design and construction of a new Greenfield multi-use seaport located approximately 60 kilometers east of Lagos.This new port facility, called Port@Lekki, will cover an area of 90 hectares and form an integral part of the new 220-hectare Lagos Free Trade Zone (LFTZ) being developed as a multi-product industrial and logistics hub for the entire West African region.Port Lekki Project in Nigeria is getting ready to move into an initial construction stage and we have an immediate need in Lekki for a Port Engineer to manage mainly breakwater construction activities.Required Skills
- Degreed engineer minimum, PE or equivalent a plus,
- Ideally this individual will have 20++ years of responsible heavy construction management experience, including port facilities.
- Strong proven project management skills,
- Strong English communication skills at all levels
- Demonstrated ability thrive in a difficult location with a Chinese Contractor, our private sector Singaporean/ Indian client and local Nigerian government authorities